Do you want to team up with a proactive travel blogger on a campaign? Do you need insight from someone who has seen both sides of the blogger/professional divide in the travel industry? That’s where I come in.
You may have found my blog through National Geographic Traveller (where I was a blogger of the month for May 2016), via Twitter, or perhaps Lonely Planet Pathfinders.
I also blog for the Huffington Post – my piece for first-time attendees of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe ranks #1 on Google for the term ‘Edinburgh Fringe first time’, above the official edfringe.com website.
Alternatively, you might have found me through an organic search term such as ‘travelling alone in New York’; my blog post, Tips for First-Timers and Solo Travellers in New York, ranks #2 for this term.
WHEN JOURNALISM MEETS DIGITAL MARKETING
I’m a journalist with added experience in PR and SEO, across travel and lifestyle brands. Think of me a bit like this:
Some of the companies I’ve worked with include:
- Tourist Boards, such as Visit Flanders
- Tour organisations, such as Insider London
- Global travel companies, such as Contiki and Expedia
- Travel service providers, such as Mercure Hotels, Red Funnel Ferries and Go Euro
- Publishers, such as Bluffer’s Guides
- PR Agencies, such as Premier
Posts on The Travelling Calavera will always be connected to culture, history or travel trends. Even when I’m looking at the future of the travel industry, or the big museums and arts events on the horizon, I’m also looking to the past.
AS SEEN ON…
You might recognise my blog after reading one of the following websites. I’ve also been nominated for a couple of blogging awards, including Best Culture and History Blogger at the DFDS Seaways Blog Awards 2015. Beyond these sites and this domain, I was a joined winner of the Jaipur Literature Festival 2017 blogging competition.
Travelling Calavera readers tend to be female (66%, vs. 34% male) but span a wide range of ages. They gravitate towards city breaks, from New York to Lisbon, and they love visiting places featured heavily in films or books.
They’re big fans of TripAdvisor and like to get personal recommendations before they choose a hotel or a destination. Whether travelling solo and getting last-minute tips, or looking for a tour that makes an impact, like a battlefield tour of Flanders, my readers know they can find answers here.
WHY CHOOSE ME FOR YOUR CAMPAIGN?
- I have six years’ experience in feature writing for both online and print audiences (please see my bio for more information)
- I understand what SEO means to your company
- I go the extra mile – you may only need one post with a relevant link to achieve your goal, but I will make sure that post is a great piece of PR for your company, with appropriate images and great quotes you can use for further marketing; I may even produce a series of posts
- If you want to ask me for my opinion on a travel topic, or you wish to quote me for a press release or campaign, I’m more than happy to help
- Email me: pollyallen89[@]yahoo[dot]com
- Follow me on Twitter: @misspallen
- Find me on LinkedIn: Polly Allen
I look forward to hearing from you soon.